Creative no too bright

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Creative no too bright

Post by Winnow »

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs ... ing&page=1

Someone was able to write drivers for the Audigy cards to get them running on Vista and Creative has demanded that he stop doing so.

Good reading.

I always buy non Creative sound cards but there are a lot of people who still have Creative sound cards.

Digg Comments

http://digg.com/hardware/Creative_threa ... ity_modder
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Creative no too bright

Post by noel »

God forbid someone not upgrade to their newer cards... Fuck Creative. I stopped using them with my last upgrade and hope to never use them again. Of course that shouldn't be a problem since all of my future PCs will be manufactured by Apple.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Just adding my bullshit opinion. I will do my best to never buy another creative product after their Vista release bullshit.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Yeah, EAX not working at release AT ALL was just stellar. It's not like Vista was a surprise to anyone. If that wasn't Creative's fault, they should have made it clear that MS fucked them in the ass.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

DIAF Creative. I hope you choke on all the money I've given you over the years.
I didn't feel like reading all the posts but made it up to that one!

I currently have a SoundBlaster card but when it comes time to upgrade to something else I doubt I will go Creative. I'm still disgruntled about them not offering download of installation discs (iso) to registered owners who may have lost theirs. Because without that software the card is pretty much neutered as to what it can do. Well let me take that back.. Perhaps they have that service as long as you're within the warranty period. Although I'm not sure. But as I was past the year mark they pretty much told me to bugger off. This aggression will not stand!

Seeing as how I do have a Creative card... Just another reason I'm glad I'm back with XP and not Vista.

(And before someone posts their 'onboard sound is good enough' opinion they can just save it. For some people it's not! )
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Awhile back, I bought a Diamond Xtreme Soundcard (7.1/24 bit Sound Card with Dolby Digital Live)

It was cheap and had dolby digital live, which the creative cards STILL don't have. DDL is an option which converts all audio sources to dolby 5.1 which makes for much better listening over your main home theater when you output via TOS. It's pretty clear that Creative could care less or is incapable of producing quality software and drivers.

They need to fade away.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I thought you were a huge Zen fan.

Does the sound card evil outweigh the Zen goodness?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The Creative Zen's were better than anything Apple had. I'm not anti Zen at all. The new Zens have SDHC expansion ports which I wish iPods had and they also play FM and allow more formats, etc etc etc.

Creative has remained stagnant though and also never bothered to try and improve their podcast and other software.

It's still great for those that just listen to music or rip their own movies/tv shows, but they lack for podcasting usability.

Apples Fatty Nano and iTouch are pretty damn good currently. I want to use them both but my Nano Fatty just sits there. I almost wish my iTouch would break so I could use the Fatty due to it's size. The Battery is a little lacking in the Fatty for video usage though.

Apple still sucks ass because they limit their products to certain formats and also don't include common features that appear on most other players (FM, memory expansion slots, etc). 95% of my portable player usage is for Podcasts. That's the reason I own iPods.

BTW, I've dropped my iTouch multiple times (falls out of my shirt pocket but hasn't landed in the toilet yet at least) and am very glad I bought the clear case for it. iTouch/iPhones also suck for holding. The case makes it a little better in that regard as well.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh, here's the response to my technical request:
Thank you for contacting Creative Labs regarding your X-Fi Elite Pro.

I understand that the you want to download the installation CD. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I regret to inform you that we do not have installation CD downloads, however, you may want to contact our Customer Service Team for further assistance on the replacement and availability of the installation disk.

Customer Service Team toll-free at:
1-800-998-1000
9AM - 6PM CT, Monday - Friday
Closed Public Holidays
Our Customer Service team will assist you.

Based upon your product's date of purchase, it appears you're beyond the complementary telephone (60 days) and e-mail (1 year) support period.
I can probably see not making it available for general download but there's no reason a REGISTERED owner shouldn't be able to retrieve it if needed. It's not like their customers would begetting something they didn't originally have.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Creative is a joke... on board sound for the win.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

'onboard sound is good enough'
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!